AOL Mail is AOL’s free email service that allows you to create an email account and online address book with up to 250GB of storage. AOL Mail also has a number of useful features, including an integrated work calendar (which you can connect to other users), as well as automatically redirecting spam and phishing emails directly to your Trash.
How to delete an AOL account
First, make sure that your old America Online account still exists. Go to the AOL home page and try to log in. If you can log in, go to the Account Termination page and follow the instructions to delete your AOL account. If it’s been so long since you signed in that you’ve forgotten your AOL password, this can present a problem because you won’t be able to access the account termination page.
How do I delete my AOL account permanently?
You can get started by going to https://aol.com/.Dashboard.oath.mydashboard. You can delete your account or login from the site by visiting https://www.deletemyaccount.com. Logout from your current account by clicking Continue. In the middle of the page, click the Email Address link. Allow this account to be terminated by clicking Yes. It will make sense when prompted.
Why Delete AOL Account?
With so many alternative options these days, a large number of former AOL users have decided to move to modern social media sites like Facebook and Instagram. Gmail has now become even more popular for email.
If you’re among the millions of people who have stopped using AOL for email, entertainment, and social interaction, you’re probably wondering if it’s worth sticking to an account you no longer use. Huh. , In fact, it may be in your best interest to let it go completely.
Even though you may have forgotten about AOL, AOL has not forgotten about you. Until you delete the account, the service keeps a lot of information that could come back to haunt you if a data breach occurs, explains How-To Geek.
Why Can’t I Delete My AOL Account?
To close your account, you must have a sufficient balance and it has been 90 days since your subscription and paid plans were canceled. Those paid services and account balances can be canceled through my account.
What Happens If I Delete My AOL Account?
What happens after my account is closed? , As a result, your email and email folders will no longer be accessible.
Will I Lose My AOL Email If I Cancel?
If you choose to terminate AOL email, an account will not be deleted automatically. If you forget to sign in during this period, disconnecting AOL will be deleted permanently. AOL deactivates accounts for 30 days (or more in some countries).
How to Recover AOL Email Account?
AOL is an amazing email service that offers many benefits and features. AOL Mail is used by many people around the world, and it is renowned for its security as well as reliability. Basically, it is an all-in-one desktop software with which you can access content like mail, instant messaging, and web surfing from one place.
But, sometimes, by mistake or for other reasons, your AOL account may become inactive. Also, it is possible that you may forget the login credentials for your AOL email account. In any of these situations, you are unable to open your email in AOL. Are you wondering how to recover AOL email or how to recover old AOL email accounts?
If yes, then you are at the right place! In this article, we will discuss the effective ways to Recover AOL email accounts. just have a look!
To open your AOL Mail, you’ll need to fill in the correct AOL password on the sign-in page. The password entitles you to access all AOL services.
If you forget your AOL account password, all you have to do is reset it.
2.1 Check the saved information of your browser
- If you can’t remember your AOL account login details, check if the information is saved in your browser.
- For this, use the auto-fill feature of your browser. If any information is saved for an AOL account, you can easily Recover your AOL account details.
- If you have any time saved you can also visit the browser’s help site to retrieve the password.
2.2 Use the Recovery Information
AOL provides you with good and useful options to reset or recover passwords. You can use the phone number or secondary email address linked to your account.
Here are some steps you can follow to reset or Recover your AOL email password:
- First, go to the AOL login page and click on the “Forgot Password” button.
- Now, a password-reset application will be launched.
- Next, you’ll need to type in your email address or AOL username.
- After filling in the email or username, type the code in the captcha field. And click on the “Next” button.
- On the new page, you can reset your password either from the phone or from the recovery email address.
- If you want to reset the password through your mobile number, click on “text my mobile” and enter your phone number, then click “Send”.
- Now, you will get a verification code on your phone which you need to enter on the page.
- If you choose to reset your password using an email address, click “Alternate Email Address” and select “Next.”
- Once you have typed the verification code, your account is verified. Now, click on Submit button and type the new password twice.
- So setting a new password is easy with the above steps.