Microsoft Outlook is the preferred email client used to send and receive email by accessing Microsoft Exchange Server email. Outlook Access also provides contact, email calendar and task management features.
Microsoft Outlook can be used as a standalone application, but is also part of the Microsoft Office suite and Office 365, which includes Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Outlook can be used as a standalone personal email software, and business customers can use Outlook as a multiuser software. Users can integrate it with Microsoft SharePoint to share document and project notes, collaborate with colleagues, send reminders, and more.
There is a free, browser-based version of Outlook with limited features. Users who don’t need the full app can opt for that version instead of a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Business owners refining mailing systems spend less time managing mail, instead spending more time in other business aspects. Highly recommended for small business owners to reduce the cost of Microsoft Outlook download, it is suggested to get premium hosted Exchange service which offers more features than Microsoft Outlook mail client. To choose the best mail client for a business, research other mail clients before choosing one.
MS Outlook does not open?
MS Outlook not opening? If your Microsoft Outlook won’t open, there could be a few reasons. Outlook has a tendency to leave many processes running in the background, most of which are invisible to the computer user. If one of these processes is already running, attempting to reopen Outlook will not display anything. Outlook is actually already running, you can’t see it. If you are facing Outlook not opening issue, the following guidance will help you to troubleshoot Outlook not starting issue.
5 Ways | How do I fix Outlook not opening?
Fix 1 – Repair MS Office
Repairing MS Outlook should identify and resolve the problem.
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Then, press “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- After that, you need to find the “MS Office” package.
- Next, you need to right-click on the installed Office package and then click on “Replace”
- Click the radio button next to “Quick Repair.”
- After that you have to click on “Repair”.
Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue. This should fix the issue.
Fix 2 – Reset Navigational Pane
One of the most common problems is a faulty navigation panel.
- Right-click on the Windows icon. Then, click on the “Run” window.
- Then, type this code “outlook.exe /resetnavpane” and press Enter.
This will reset the navigation pane which may be causing the problem with your computer.
Fix 3 – Start Outlook in Safe Mode
As we discussed, one of the reasons for this is broken add-ins in MS Outlook.
- Press Windows Key + R to access Run Terminal.
- To start Outlook in Safe Mode, copy-paste (outlook.exe /safe) this code and click “OK”.
This will start MS Outlook in safe mode, excluding any foreign add-ins.
Fix 4 – Create a new Outlook account
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on View by Large icon
- Now, select Outlook and choose Remove.
- Click on Apply and OK and close the window.
- Now, press the windows key + r key together to open Run.
- Now type Outlook in it and click on OK.
- Now, enter your credentials (name, email and password) and create a profile.
Fix 5 – Disable all add ins in Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- Click on file
- Click on option
- Click on Add Ins from the left menu.
- Now, click on the Go button to the right of COM Add-ins
- Now, uncheck all add-ins and click on OK.
Now, try again and see if Microsoft Outlook is opening.